Poisons of Xenkur
There are a great deal of poisons in Xenkur and more are being developed every day. Here are a few of the more interesting ones. Listed in order of lethality.
List compiled by Lady Li'Neeroia Xula Khalassi, of House Tarolil, Second House of Necliatara.
- Soul Dust - A gray powder. Often used mixed into food or drink. Causes paralysis of the vocal chords. Though not usually fatal there have been instances of victims chocking to death. Has a 5% mortality rate.
- Necro – A bright orange powder made from the Nightshade tree. A 50% mortality rate. The process is extremely painful, and the victim can often take two to three weeks before dying.
- Kesith – A liquid extracted from Kuo-Toa glands. This rare poison has a 60% mortality rate. Death usually occurs with 2-3 days.
- Ninine – A paste made from a combination of the Death Lily flower and Phase Spider venom. Often used to coat weapons. Has a 65% mortality rate. Death occurs in 5-10 minutes.
- Cletasine – Corrosive. This blue-black liquid comes from Purple Worm glands. Must be sealed in glass jars only. Has a 75% mortality rate. Death occurs within one day.
- Grave Smoke – Powder. Made from the bones of undead mummies. Often used in food and drink. Has a 75% mortality rate. Death occurs in 1-3 days. Victim will often rise again as a zombie.
- Waxyth – Made from the secretion of an Aboleth. Highly Toxic. Poison must be absorbed through the lungs. 85% mortality rate. Death occurs within minutes.
- Hikophax – Highly Toxic. Venom developed by the Blood Clan. Extremely rare. Used in religious rituals. Has a 90% mortality rate. Victim usually dies in a few minutes.
- Nimoxain – Highly Toxic. Venom of unknown origin. Extremely rare. Places victim in catatonic state. Has a 95% mortality rate. Victim usually dies in 5-10 years.
- Iqiraine – Extremely toxic. The Dark Elves often use the poison to coat their weapons. To date no one knows how the Drow come about the poison. Death occurs within 10-20 seconds. Has a 99% mortality rate.